Monday, November 8, 2010

Principle 3: Learn Humbly

The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's hunger meet. ~ Frederick Buechner

"Throughout our lives we continue to learn more about God's personality and His love for us, even as we also learn about ourselves. Whether we have four weeks or four decades of life left, we must be lifelong learners, changing and maturing through the many seasons, circumstances, trials, and triumphs." (OMTL, 120)

*When was the last time you wondered about your identity and place in life? What were the circumstances? What are your thoughts?

"When you pursue the passions [God] has placed in your heart, He simply loves it. When you're smiling and enjoying life to the fullest, your Father beams. He finds so much joy in your living out your giftedness and being who He created you to be. We not only feel fulfilled as we live from our passions, but we sense God's pleasure as well." (OMTL, 131)

*When was the last time you felt passionate about an experience? What were the circumstances? What gifts did you use? What does this experience tell you about your purpose in life?

Attempt great things for God, expect great things from God. ~ William Carey

*What are you doing in your life that you could not do without God's help or intervention? What is "one thing" you would like to do, but are not doing because of a fear of failing? What steps can you take to ensure that you pursue that "one thing?" Share this with someone who will encourage you to step out in faith.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. (Ephesians 1:16-19)

1 comment:

  1. I keep fighting the battle of "I think I know what I want, what is right, or what is good." Ever been there? Control is definitely one of my many sins. It makes me want to choose what I experience... the funny thing is that so often what really stands out in my life are the moments and experiences that I never wanted or planned. That's when I know I'm alive. That's when I often find myself in God's presence. How about you?

    ReplyDelete